ISO standards: What do you need to know before getting into the world of certifications?
Surely you have read or heard about the well-known ISO standards. But, do you know exactly what ISO standards are and what is their purpose? Find useful information in this article.
Established by the International Organization for Standardization, (International Organization for Standardization) ISO standards are a set of standards aimed at business management in various areas.
They were created to help companies, and through the coordination, simplification and unification of criteria, they can reduce costs and increase effectiveness, trying to standardize the rules that govern the quality of products and services at an international level.
With globalization, companies have become more competitive, and consumer opinion has caused standards to become internationally recognized and accepted.
From 1946 to the present day, more than 23,000 standards have been created covering a large number and diverse fields of management, technologies and production processes. It is an NGO that is found in 164 countries, with 781 technical committees and subcommittees involved in the development of standards, and which has its Central Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland.
You may be wondering what are the main benefits of ISO standards for a company?
Since organizations have started implementing ISO standards, there has been a big change.
- They help to improve processes and increase productivity, creating a more efficient production cycle, where better results are achieved using less time and fewer resources.
- Improve brand recognition and reputation of the company. As we have said before, public opinion has put companies that follow ISO standards at a higher level, since their quality standards are usually better, thus creating a better and stronger brand image.
- Ensures the best practices at the international level. Although ISO standards are not laws that companies must comply with, they help continuous improvement, therefore, companies that want to lead the market, generally improve their practices.
- They give access to public tenders that require compliance with ISO regulations. A great opportunity for companies, a public tender is a regulated procedure by which a public body opens a contracting process for the execution of a work or the provision of a supply or service. The companies assure the State the best conditions in terms of quality, price, financing, opportunity, economic growth, job creation, energy efficiency, responsible use of water, optimization and sustainable use of resources, as well as the protection of the environment, and they receive great benefits in return.
- They help to protect the environment. There is a specially dedicated one, which is the ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Systems (EMS) certification. It allows companies to demonstrate their commitment to protecting the environment through the management of environmental risks associated with the activity carried out.
- Facilitates collaboration and trade between certified companies, thus maintaining the quality standards that each one carries. For example, acquiring better quality products as raw material to obtain another product.
- It gives companies a differential value against the competition. As they are certified by recognized standards, they are reviewed and audited so that they are met.
ISO standards are a fundamental tool today for any organization that wishes to advance and improve in today’s complex markets, transmitting confidence and competitiveness.
Like Full Audits, one of the structural principles of the ISO standards is that of continuous improvement, it is for this reason that we are able to help you comply with them through our audit management system.
How can we help you from Full Audits?
We know that it is a challenge, but we have the same objective as our clients, to be better every day. Full Audits is a complete solution to optimize your business processes.
Our software, available in both a mobile application and a web platform, will help you raise the security and quality standards of your organization. It is easy to use and will help you collect consistent data, standardize operations, and send reports.
If something is not right in your processes, you can solve them through the use of checklists and action plans, since you can identify faulty areas and solve problems. You will optimize 50% of the time of your audit!
It allows you to work as a team, integrating into the same platform, and synchronizing the quality team with the rest of the areas of the company.
Once all the data has been collected, it will be immediately available and will show valuable information that will allow you to make business decisions.
Dashboards offered by our tool will give you visibility about the status of the quality process in the organization and in a very simple way will allow you to identify where to focus to improve and make decisions.
From the Business Intelligence section you can check your KPIs and analyze the status of all your operations from anywhere and at any time, whether or not you have an internet connection.
In addition, Full Audits offers a Checklist Library, which can be adapted to different areas:
– Safety, Hygiene and risk prevention
– Factories and service companies
– Tourism, hotels and events
– Food and Beverage
– Retail, franchises and stores
– Livestock and agricultural farming production
– Transport and logistics
On our website, in the Support section, you will find a section to schedule a DEMO, so you can see how Full Audits works. We will teach you how to:
– Create or migrate your own custom checklists.
– Schedule, assign and execute audits in web applications and mobile applications.
– Create incidents, organize your store’s structure and assign permissions to users.
– Analyze data from the business intelligence module.
You will be able to audit to comply with ISO standards and have the levels of quality, efficiency and security that your company needs.
Created by Full Audits Team.